W H A T T O P A C K
– If I’m photographing your child, feel free to bring a special, colorful, simple blanket or even a fun prop to compliment their outfit.
– For girls, headbands, cute bows, tutu’s, favorite toys, fun shoes, dresses, leggings, etc.
– For boys, hats, cute outfits, ties, favorite toys, cute shoes, stuffed animals, etc.
– If your child is learning to walk, feel free to throw a small chair or stool in to make them feel at ease during the shoot. I’m flexible!
– I can’t say enough, props are so fun and add a nice touch.
W H A T T O W E A R
– I find it works best to keep it to one or two sharp, classy outfits.
– Please, no need to have everyone dress the same (same color shirts, same color pants, etc). Just compliment each other – let everyone be unique, each person showing their own style.
– Be creative. Look at magazines and ads for examples.
– If you have questions or want an opinion – I’ve had clients send me (text or email) a picture of all their outfits.
Can I bring multiple outfits (for myself and/or my kid(s)) to change into?
– Yes, that’s perfect! The shoot will last about an hour. So, just factor in a few minutes to make an outfit change.
What colors (for wardrobe) work best outdoors?
– Dark, bold, bright colors work the best. White and light colors have a tendency to get washed out.
A B O U T Y O U R S E S S I O N
What should I expect during my session?
– Have fun, make your kids laugh, smile for the camera, and just be yourself. I’ll capture the rest!
When will I receive my pictures?
I will email you a link to the online gallery within 10 days of your session. If you’ve purchased a CD/USB drive, I’ll mail that within 10 days too. Ask anyone – my turnaround time is quick!
How long does a portrait shoot last?
– The shoots last about an hour. I’m flexible.
What happens if I’m running late?
Please try to be on time or even arrive a little early. The session will begin at the time we discussed.
Where will the session take place?
– If you have something in mind, please let me know. I’m always looking for new and creative places to take pictures.
Even though this shoot is for my child’s 1st birthday, can we get family pictures taken?
– Yes, I’m yours for an hour, so we can break up the time however you’d like.
Do you charge more if additional people outside of my immediate family (6 people or less) join? Yes, I do.
Immediate family = 7 people or less
More than 7 people = $290
(This price includes a USB thumb drive of high resolution images)
What happens if it’s raining?
– We can reschedule or come up with another plan…not a problem.
A F T E R Y O U R S E S S I O N
What happens after my session?
– I will choose the best photos and put my style on each of them. These will be uploaded to a professional printing lab within a week of your photoshoot. You can order all of them or your top favorite, and these will ship directly to you. I will upload several to www.katelandrum.com , my Facebook page “Kate Landrum Photography”, and on Instagram “KateLandrumPhoto”.
Where should I print my images if I receive a USB thumb drive with my session?
I highly recommend choosing a professional developing site for your images. Clients have been very disappointed and complained to me with the low quality, washed out colors, even higher saturation on their images when they’ve developed at CVS, Shutterfly, Walmart, Walgreens, Meijer, Target, Kroger, Sams, etc.
I’m not responsible for a low quality print if you choose to develop somewhere else. However, if you develop your images using the professional developing site that I recommend, I guarantee they are the experts in developing professional photography.
Can I post pictures from our session on a personal website, Facebook page, Instagram, etc.?
Of course! But, please — would you mind giving me credit? You can either include my logo on each them (how they are shown my FB page and website) or put “Captured by Kate Landrum Photography – Visit: www.katelandrum.com”.
Again, thank you for giving me credit for my work.
E T C
We received a CD / USB with our session, but we lost it. Can I purchase a CD again?
Yes, you can purchase another disk or USB drive for $30 and have it mailed directly to your house. Please remember that I am not responsible for a lost CD / USB drive.
How long do you save the images from each session?
I will save the images up to ** 6 months ** after your session. Please back-up your images in several places. After you receive your USB / CD – I recommend backing the images on your computer, an external thumb drive, iCloud, and putting them in a safe.
What form of payment do you accept?
– I accept cash, credit or check. The payment is due at the time of the shoot.
– You will not receive any photos until payment has been received.
Why do I have to pay a deposit?
This reserves your session date and time. I’ve had last minute cancellations and even no-shows for sessions.
I’m excited to work with you soon!